New Here & New to Chickens

BackyardChickenMafia

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2022
USA
Hello everyone! I just joined and am doing the obligatory first introduction post.

I am brand new to chickens. We live in the suburbs and our city allows us to have up to 6 hens. We are turning our house slowly into a suburban homestead.

I’m an outdoor adventure blogger and also blog about homesteading, and survival. I’ve been a blogger since 2001 (before it was actually even a thing). I’m a former Newspaper editor and journalist. Hoping to write my first book soon as well. As you can tell…I love to write. My blog is titled Nutty Hiker Adventures, and I literally blog about all my adventures both on the trail and here at home.

My husband is retired Army (just retired fairly recently) so we are excited to finally plant roots!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yea! We just got ours a little over a week ago!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Six

(3) What breeds do you have?
Light Brahma and Easter Eggers

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I’m not sure yet, but it will probably be the ability to have fresh eggs. Right now, it’s how sweet my babies are.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I’m an avid hiker and backpacker. I also love to go camping and exploring. Basically anything outdoors. I’m also a professional landscape & wildlife photographer.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Mom to 4 adult humans, 2 dogs, and 6 chickens :)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Web Search. I joined because I am old school and like forums better than social media.

Hello everyone! I just joined and am doing the obligatory first introduction post.

I am brand new to chickens. We live in the suburbs and our city allows us to have up to 6 hens. We are turning our house slowly into a suburban homestead.

I’m an outdoor adventure blogger and also blog about homesteading, and survival. I’ve been a blogger since 2001 (before it was actually even a thing). I’m a former Newspaper editor and journalist. Hoping to write my first book soon as well. As you can tell…I love to write. My blog is titled Nutty Hiker Adventures, and I literally blog about all my adventures both on the trail and here at home.

My husband is retired Army (just retired fairly recently) so we are excited to finally plant roots!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yea! We just got ours a little over a week ago!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Six

(3) What breeds do you have?
Light Brahma and Easter Eggers

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I’m not sure yet, but it will probably be the ability to have fresh eggs. Right now, it’s how sweet my babies are.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I’m an avid hiker and backpacker. I also love to go camping and exploring. Basically anything outdoors. I’m also a professional landscape & wildlife photographer.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Mom to 4 adult humans, 2 dogs, and 6 chickens :)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Web Search. I joined because I am old school and like forums better than social media.
Hello and Welcome!!! so happy you found BYC I am fairly new here as well you are going to love it so much helpful knowledge all in one place! I hope you will share some pics of your babies I love seeing all the pictures here!

Back
Top Bottom