new here

BRDSRFMLY2

Hatching
Dec 24, 2015
missouri
Hello everyone obviously im new here! I have been around chickens most of my life and yet seem to know next to nothing... I met my now husband 3 years ago and instantly fell inlove with him and of course he is a country boy. well man... Anyways we have a small little farm with 15 chickens. 6 of them are roosters and im only keeping 2 roosters so the rest have to be butchered. I have been around chickens all my life iv seen them butchered iv eatin them after my mamma cooked them but today is the first time i have butchered, processed, and cooked a chicken all by myself! He is in the crockpot cooking as i type. It was a whole new expirience for me. i have learned a lot about them by watching them Grow and mature our smallest rooster is the dominant one which suprises me seeing as the biggest rooster we have is literaly 3 or 4×s bigger then the little guy! anyways that is basics of my chicken farm!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

Enjoy the forums.

Welcome to Backyard chickens . You may also like to post on your state thread. Great way to find other chicken folks living near you.

welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to have you here! Congratulations on processing your first bird.

Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom