new here!

wildflowers

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 23, 2008
Washington
I have been lurking for quite awhile learning all that I can. Searching obsessively for info and pretty much going into info overload
big_smile.png

but it has been fun.

I am Valerie and we are the proud parents of three red sexlinks currently. They are 11 weeks old. Just because I get the idea that sharing pictures of our loves is pretty common here
DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

Man in tractor chickens running free
lol.png

We have them in our garage though they will be going outside tomorrow since the tractor is in good working condition. My husband the perfectionist wanted to make sure everything was good before we took it out.

We are also very excited because we will be getting some day olds from ideal. They should be shipping out tomorrow.

That is all the chicken part of our lives.
I m a homeschooling mom. My husband is in the navy. We have three wonderful, chicken loving girls. One getting old dog, who has seemed to be quite taken with the chicks. He never used to go to the garage and now he goes out there and lays next to them, it is very sweet. We also have two cats. One of our cats also loves the chicks. They ate spinach together a few days ago. Okay pretty sure she only hangs out with them to eat greens and throw them back up onto our floor later on, but it is still sweet.
And I think that is long enough of an intro
big_smile.png

Welcome! Your going to love those red sex links come the age of about 22 weeks
big_smile.png
They are Prolific egg layers. Mine has laid every day but one since 22 weeks old. They are awesome and so very sweet too! What type of babies are you getting next?

We are getting one Rhode Island Red, two Black Australorp, two Barred Rock, two Black Sex Link , one Red Sex Link and two Ameraucanas.
A lot I know. We are not sure if we are going to be able to keep them all. I have heard great things about the sex links. Well, actually, even though we haven't met yet, I am in love with all the breeds I got. I admit to wanting a silver wyndotte also. That one will have to wait I guess.

Sounds great. Welcome.

Even my wife is talking about getting a rooster again so that our hens can produce some chicks. Go figure.... she's the one that made us rehome the first roo we got.

Back
Top Bottom