New here...

kimdrey

Hatching
Aug 6, 2016
Peyton CO
Hi my name is Jill,

I found this site because I have a sick duck. I have 5 hens, 3 little ones, 7 ducks & two baby turkeys. We've lost one duck about 3 months ago & I don't know what happened to her. She was laying in the run when I went out there in the morning. No marks on her no noticeable distress.

All the ducks are about a year old except for the oldest who is probably 5 now. We got her from someone who wanted ducks who were laying & she hasn't laid in quite awhile. I found my duck tonight because I was out at the shed which is close to their yard. The ducks normally react when someone is out there but they were very loud. So I went out there & did a quick head count. Only six!! I frantically scanned the yard for the seventh & found her in one of the ponds. She wasn't moving & her bill was dipped into the water. When I touched her she moved. So we brought her into the house, gave her a warm bath because it's been cold & rainy today. I fed her a few spoonfuls of honey water & dried her off. She's now in the bathtub with water & food within reach. I don't know what else to do except make her comfortable.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this site! I can always use a place for information on my birds!!

Thank you

Jill

YES, please do post in full detail on the Duck thread, and even try the "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. Does she have any apparent injuries?

So sorry about the duck, hope someone can offer specific advice on the forums the other posters have mentioned.

I have experience only with chickens, but have lost 3 from my very small flock and know how frustrating and disheartening your situation is.

Welcome to BYC. Hope your pet will be ok
hugs.gif

Welcome
frow.gif
!! So sorry about your difficulties with the ducks! Hope your successful with getting the information you need from the great BYC community!

Hi Jill,
welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. The folks over at the Duck section should be able to help, hopefully.

Thanks for joining us, and I hope that your duck feels better soon!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom