New here

I have been coming here for months, reading. Sometimes I have questions I Google, sometimes just reading things interesting and the Google trail leads me here lol.

I think the first thing I googled and found here was info on meat birds- local feed store had a bin labeled leghorns back in March and they weren't leghorns. I wanted to know what the chances of them living was if I didn't cull; I don't have the heart for that unless completely necessary. None made it- 4 health problems as research told me was likely, 1 a predator. Since then I come here for info constantly lol.

I have 33 chickens now- 5 roosters/cockerel's and 28 hens/pullets. All between 10 months and 4 days. I have black, gold and red sex link hens. Silkie, brahma bantam, OEGB, pyncheon and California Gray pullets. Cuckoo Marans, Easter Eggers, cream legbar and silver laced wyandottes pullets. My boys are- California gray, gold laced cochin bantam, Easter egger, cuckoo marans, and cream legbar.

Soooo many more I want to add, I love them all ❤

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Please give us an idea where in the world you are under "Account" then Personla Details and location you can dial in a state or be as specific as you like. :frow I'm sure my winter tips are worthless to most of the rest of the nation not to mention our European or Canadian friends.

I sure will! I'm in Texas though lol, from Illinois originally.

Back
Top Bottom