new hova bators.. assistance needed!

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
i bought 2 new still air hovabators last week. YAY! both have turners.. the temp stays great with the plugs in and the turners off.. plug the turners in or take the plugs out and the temp goes from 99.3 to 95.. cant seem to get the temps back up!! ACCKKK!

would it help if i got a space heater for the room their in? the room temp is around 60

help! i have 4 dozen eggs that NEED to be set tomorrow!

First of all, remember you are taking temp readings from the top of the eggs.. There are no eggs in there, so the temp will be a little low.
Are you reading the thermometer that came with the bator or you using another one?
What is the average temp of your room?
Is your room drafty?
Is the red light turning on and off?

What I do with mine is watch it after it has been on for about an hour. If my temp is low when the light goes out, I adjust the wafer slowly till the light goes back on, then wait.. check it in about another hour.. I do this until it is set.

Just to let you know, after you set your eggs, your temp inside the bator will drop... It will be low for the first day... Of course do not let it go over the correct temp, but since the eggs will be at room temp, it will take a little while for all of the eggs in your bators to reach incubation temp. I start walking the temp up after they have been in there for about 24 hours.

Proud owner of a Hova-Bator 1602n, Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco!

Quote:
my room is about 60 for the most part.....
the room isnt drafty.
the light is going on and off.

i will keep working on it! thanks!

i have a hovabator 1602n in a
room that is in the low sixties
i've added a fan, but even before
i was able to get the temperature up

i have some pieces of granite
and a small jar of water in my
incubator in addition to the eggs
to act as heat sinks

is the wingnut really tight?
have you tried loosening that before
trying to adjust the temperature?

Quote:
what do you mean about the wing nut.. i have it on there but,there wasnt really any good instructions on how it was supposed to be on there....

i did set 42 eggs in one bator this morning, the temp stayed at 99.8 all night thank goodness..

Back
Top Bottom