new Hovabator 1588 not holding temp - help!

NapsWithChickens

ZZZZzzzzz....
13 Years
Feb 22, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
I started with one Hovabator circulating air incubator... got a second... that wasn't enough, so I borrowed my girlfriends... she wants her's back... so I just got a new incubator: a Hovabator 1588. (Also circulating air, but with the bigger window on top.)
wee.gif
Who knew that hatching was so much fun and so addictive???
love.gif

I got it up and running for 24 hours... held temp perfectly. I added water... still did great... I added eggs (day 17) so I could hatch/brood in this incubator (take advantage of that big window!)... and the darn thing won't go back up to the preset temperature. It is hovering at about 97: argh!
he.gif
I had to rearrange all the other eggs into the other two incubators and unless I can solve this, I have to do-si-do all the eggs AGAIN... and I hate to do that. I'm worried that I've already moved them too much.

Suggestions? HELP!
hit.gif

That hovabator should be factory set 99.5 maybe you can take it back where you got it. I didnt get that one due to the fact it was to expensive I have a hovabator with circulating air and it holds temp fine will be hatching eggs for first time over next 3 days.

Have you tried checking it with multiple thermometers? I also have 2 Genesis 1588s and with one type of therm I get a solid 99.3 to 99.7F. However, during my last hatch, I just a different therm and it was reading 100.7F.

Could be that simple. Unless the eggs you are hatching are really expensive or scarce, I would see what the results from the hatch are before adjusting anything

Just think about it. It takes every single egg coming up to the bator temp to make the temp in the bator come back up, so there is always a period that it struggles to come back up after eggs are put in there.

Quote:
Yup, this happens with most incubators. Some it takes a full day to come back to the normal temp/humidity range. Same thing happens when you take a turner out of a bator your temps and humidity levels will drop just have patience for it to come back to the correct levels.

Back
Top Bottom