New Ideal babies!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by txchickie, Jun 18, 2009.

1. txchickie

txchickie Songster

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    The are all doing FANTASTIC!
    We ordered 10 total...8 silkies- 2 red-2 buff-2 white-2 black and 2 sultans! We got 3 extra packing peanuts and I am hoping one is a barred rock rooster [​IMG] Always wanted one of those! LOL, I think they are neat looking dudes.

Group shot....they will only be in this temp brooder for about a week then they will be going to the garage [​IMG] We'll be out of town and it will be easiest for MIL to take care of them outside with the other chickens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Little black silkie
    [​IMG]
    Red silkie
    [​IMG]
    Sultan [​IMG] I am so excited about these things LOL!
    [​IMG]

Last one...
    [​IMG]

They are all warmed up and napping now. They have bright green poo, is that normal? It's been like 3 months since I've had chicks and I'm like a new mom again!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    So cute! Yes, the green poo is normal when they're babies.

3. Holly O

Holly O Songster

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    They are SWEET![​IMG]

4. oooohhhh so jealous of your Silkies and Sumatra!!!!

5. ARchick

ARchick In the Brooder

Jun 13, 2009
    East Arkansas
    Congratulations!!!! They look healthy & happy.

6. Are you sure that's a Sumatra? They don't have feathered feet and Black Sumatras are black and yellow as chicks.

This is a Sumatra.

[​IMG]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. [​IMG] I don't want to burst your bubble, though. Those are some darn cute chickies. [​IMG]

7. txchickie

txchickie Songster

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:No, you're fine! [​IMG] And you are correct, LOL! I am an idiot and had "sumatra" in my head when I meant "SULTAN" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]....

No bubble burst [​IMG] And I edited my post--thank you for catching my oops!!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  8. Lol, I have one of those also! You're going to love 'em. Sultans are [​IMG] . I was about to say, she looks like my Rozzy did a few months ago.

Sweetness. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: