New in BackYard Chickens

Nica44

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2020
Hello, my name is Monica, I'm from Poland.

I have chickens since 2013 (and before as a child) so I'm not new in this topic, but I am not typical Polish village chicken keeper who have chickens to lay eggs, and kill thpem for meat, I keep them as pets, and I'm taking their eggs as prize.

Now I have seven hens (Hawky, Gull, HeiHei, Punk, Rock, Roll, Metallica) and one rooster (Jasper) and three baby chicks (Opal, Amethyst and Nephrite)

I don't know exact breeds of them but I guess they are: plymouth rock, light sussex, and others I don't know, one is buff, one has small mohawk of feathers (yes, this is Punk), one looks like RIR and one looks like New hampshire.
I love thrm as a pets, and part of the family, I can observe how chickens are acting, how smart they are and how awesome those birds are.
I love horses and horse riding, animals af all kind, I' m interested in animal psychology, nature, I am also woman of art, I love music, I sing, I draw (I'm an illustrator) I like to dance and everything that means creating something new. I love cooking (but I'm vegetarian so only vege food), I have my own vegetable and fruit garden...I have lots and lots of interests.

I have other pets not only chickens. I have sixteen years old dog - Fluffy, cats: Tigress, AlCapone, Stewardessa, Black Caraway, Frosting, I have parrot named Colibri.

I found BackYard Chickens when I was reading some informations about pet chickens, because no Polish sites talk about keeping chickens as pets, and I want to share my experience with others.

Back
Top Bottom