New in Bellevue, Ne

jasonkramer60

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2018
Bellevue, NE
My family and I have lived in Bellevue for 8 years and have been talking about getting chickens for a few year. I think it is time to finally get what we need to have chickens. I am getting the rules and regulations for the city. I am married and have two girls, 11 and 8. We are all really excited. Any tips or tricks for successfully raising hens, please let me know. Thank you

chicken and egg roll.gif

sSig_welcome4.gif

Way too much for me to type at the moment. But are some links if you feel like reading tons of useful 411..
Raising Baby Chicks
Feeding & Watering Your Flock
Managing Your Flock

Welcome to the site! Pleased to meet you.
-connie

Hi Jason and welcome to BYC

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Most important TIP, do not buy 'straight run' chicks, you will get more males than you know what to do with. If possible buy "sexed" chicks so you hopefully get only girls. Or you can buy older females that are already laying eggs. Hens will lay just as many eggs without a rooster - albeit they won't be fertile.

G'Day from down under Jason.... :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Please do check out the Topic of the Week discussions Pork Pie mentioned. I have found these to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom