New in California!

pilatik

Chirping
May 24, 2015
Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a bit and am finally joining BYC. My current flock is very small: two seven month old Black Australorps. I've had chickens in the past, but my current two are my first experience chickens in suburbia. I could definitely use a refresher on chicken care! You'll probably see me lots in the chicken care threads.

Sara

Hi Sara, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

There are a lot of good articles under the Learning Center tab, that would be a good place to refresh your chicken experience. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Nice to have you here and back to chickens!

Hi Sara!
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you could join the BYC community! A lot of us were lurkers on here for a while before joining; I myself was a lurker for nearly a year before I finally signed up. It sounds like you have a nice little flock.The Australorp is an excellent breed that has a reputation for being very good layers with docile temperaments. I hope your chicks are wonderful, productive laying hens.

Please feel free to ask any of your questions you may have! All the members on here will be happy to help you out.
smile.png

Welcome to our flock and enjoy BYC!

The Learning center as pointed out to you, is a great place to start. You may also like the "Raising Backyard chickens," forum. , and to post on your state thread at "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. Lots of great places to visit on BYC, and lots of great folks that will help you. Welcome to the flock.

Welcome to BYC, Sara. Glad you decided join our flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years, and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your BAs.

Back
Top Bottom