New in Colorado

Chickenmod

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2015
Colorado
I am new to chickens. I have been using the website to learn over the last year, and now I will be getting chicks in about two weeks.
I figured it was time to join BYC instead of just reading all the posts.

I am allowed a flock of 4 hens, so that is what I'll have. I've ordered Black Australorps and Speckled Sussex.

So, Here we go!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
I live in Colorado too!
highfive.gif

I have a speckled sussex too. She is so curious and spunky. Not to mention her beauty! And australorps are awesome chickens! Very friendly, affectionate and good layers. Great decisions on these two breeds!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Those are both wonderful breeds; hardy and friendly (my children made lap pets of them). Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds) and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle, and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. I haven't had any Speckled Sussex in a while, but like them so much that I've seriously considered getting some more of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Good morning and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

We have BA's and SS in our mixed flock and have been very pleased with both breeds. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!

Going here, will help you get around BYC!!! Has loads of info on how to get around the site!

How to insert pictures on BYC!!!!

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock"

You've picked out some nice breeds of chickens! You should get lots of eggs from your Australorps especially. Both breeds should make excellent pets, too.

Good luck with your future chicks!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

You've ordered some great breeds! Both Australorps and Sussex are usually beautiful birds that lay plenty of eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom