New in Florida

percoco13

In the Brooder
May 5, 2015
Hi! I'm new to backyard chickens (birds and site both) and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jessi, I have a small flock of 3 easter eggers (well, out of easter egger hens and probably a marans rooster) that are 5-6 months old and laying beautiful delicious eggs almost daily. I am just now adding a Barred rock and a silkie to the flock as well. I have been coming to this site so frequently over the past few months I decided it was time to officially join! I look forward to navigating through the site and learning what everyone has to offer!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Jessi! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock. I love easter eggers! Their personalities and eggs are so awesome. I have one named Quanie. (Named after the quantity of eggs she lays.) Good luck adding the silkie and barred rock. Be sure you take it slow. Keep them separated for a while so they can't reach each other but can still see one another.

Good luck and welcome to the flock.

Welcome to BYC, Jessi. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a very colorful egg basket. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Congrats on getting your own flock, it is a fun and exciting adventure.

Sounds like you are already familiar with the site, the amount of information here is overwhelming. If you haven't already visited the Learning Center Articles, there's loads of helpful info there.

Enjoy your flock, enjoy the forums.

Back
Top Bottom