New In Idaho

IDchicks

In the Brooder
May 4, 2015
Hailey, Idaho
Hi Everyone: I've been wanting to start backyard chickens every since our town approved them in our city limits .... husband finally agreed to the adventure this spring and we have 4, 1-2 week old chicks in our brooder at home: Rhode Island Red, Golden Sex-Link, Speckled Sussex and Ameraucana ... named Footie, Apple, Mohawk and Snuggles. They are currently in a cardboard brooder in our house and we find we are constantly checking on them... it's quite relaxing to watch them scratch around and are hilarous how they just instantly fall asleep.

So hello!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Congratulations on your new chicks! You chose some excellent breeds to start out with.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I love your chicks' names. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) names our hens after Disney princesses. You have a nice mix of breeds and hybrids. Golden Sex Link is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are laying machines. You should get loads of eggs from that girl. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Thanks for all your comments - this site has been so helpful with getting familiar with chicken raising basics and all the options - I"m sure I'll have loads of questions as the weeks go by!

Back
Top Bottom