New in Oregon

Rainsong

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 12, 2009
Beaverton, OR
Well, I got really interested in chickens a couple years back. Lived with my mother who actually had room for them- but the regulations in Willamina are a bit odd. We moved a little over a year ago anyways, and Salem doesn't (yet) allow back yard chickens. I haven't got a yard anyways LOL I hate apartment life!

Anyways, I'm a 27 year old stay-at-home mother of one. Trying to find part time work to help with bills, but that's failing, so the last couple days I'm been reading up here on BYC, catching back up on the world of chickens!

I'll tell you, this place is saving me right now- I'm in a pretty hard spot with the kiddo, and being able to read about the birds and all is just terrific
smile.png

Currently, we've got 1 Holland Lop buck, and a slew of fish as our only pets. My husband is a truck driver, and only home once a month for about 3 days.
sad.png
My son adores birds- last night I was looking at a hatchery site and he got upset seeing the little "sold out" signs, and was almost in tears telling me I needed to get some of them but they were sold ooouut! ... he's teaching himself to read, I swear. He's four, and a good mix of devil and angel.

Anyways, someday I hope to have chickens. I love Easter Eggers, and if I knew how to show I'd be into that probably.

welcome-byc.gif
I think lots of folks are struggling finding work nowadays. Hang in there. I'm sure things will look up soon. I hope you get chickens too some day.

Thanks for the welcomes! Right now I'm pondering starting off small... with a few button quail! Except... I need to do more planning. I was thinking of getting the dome incubator and 4 eggs offered by Double R supply on Amazon, but I've seen a lot of people say those things are worthless... o.o

And I'm still researching what I'd need for a handful of buttons, anyways

Back
Top Bottom