New in San Diego, CA

legos2lions

Hatching
Feb 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a few weeks and finally decided to start participating as more than a looky loo. We just started our first flock (2 Rhode Island red, 3 easter egger, and 2 silkie chicks) for our 7 yr old 4-H'er. She's thrilled. I previously raised chickens in high school so its not my first rodeo, but man am I rusty on a lot. Hoping to learn as much as possible from here.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hi :welcome
Glad you could join the flock! Lovely to hear you have got back into chicken keeping and that your daughter is thrilled! They are great for getting children outdoors and to learn how to care for them. Definatly drop by the learning centre as drumstick diva said so many great articles on all aspects of keeping chickens https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the best of luck and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Nice to have you join us. Have fun watching the kids have fun with the new family members!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

It sounds like you'll have a lovely flock when they grow up! I'm especially a fan of Easter Eggers. My Easter Egger has been quite docile and a very good layer of nice green eggs.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have! We're all here to help in any way we can.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom