New in Southern Ontario!

Tigertrea

Songster
7 Years
Feb 10, 2012
LaSalle Ontario Canada
I live just outside Windsor Ontario, you know, that southern suburb of Detroit? LOL. I am in Canada's "Banana belt" where winter gets cold for about 3 weeks on average and snow is rarely gets over 3' high. (In a winter with average snow and no mid-season melt)

I have been a "farm girl" all my life. My dad has had various farming experiments in his life. He and I breed, show and "sled" train Siberian Huskies. We have also had Alaskan Malamutes and Akitas.

This is my first solo endeavor into "farming". We will be ordering or first chicks in a week or 2 and plan to start small with around 10. I still do not know what breeds I'll get. We will be starting with just "normal" hatchery breeds but, if all goes well, in a few years I'll look into more rare breeds. I love different breeds for just about any animal I have. Hence the Akita lol. My dad had Jerseys, Brown Swiss and Dutch Belted cattle as well as some Shetland sheep, turkeys, geese and 1 Nubian goat on his last farm.

On my little "farm" currently are myself, my boyfriend, my 8yr old son and my Siberian Husky "Spirit". I also have a 20yr old son who is engaged and step-dad to a 2yr old boy.

That is my intro!

Last edited:
WelcometoBYC.gif

Back
Top Bottom