New in Tennessee

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Enjoy your babies and we do welcome you to our flock!

Thank you Michael! McMurray actually does say they are a cross in their description! So, I guess I should call them Easter-eggers instead? They definitely were not expensive!
wink.png
I guess that would explain too, why they look a little different from each other! Their combs are different and one has puffy feathers on either side of her head and the other doesn't. I really look forward to getting eggs!! They are about 12 weeks old now, so not sure if we'll get eggs before spring or not, but I am really enjoying them anyway! We won't get any eggs from our black australorp though, because that's our rooster!!! But maybe we should get a black australorp hen! I love that they are all different, but hubby thinks we should have gotten all the same. The golden polish was substituted for the speckled sussex that we ordered, because they were out of those. Doesn't seem like an equal replacement, since all we had ordered were supposed to be pretty good free-range chickens. The golden polish can't see anything!! I did trim some of the feathers around her eyes (after the photo) and that seems to have helped some, but she just doesn't seem to be too bright. She is comical though!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! Is it appropriate to post pictures of my gender-unknown chicken here?

Thank you Michael! McMurray actually does say they are a cross in their description! So, I guess I should call them Easter-eggers instead?

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! Is it appropriate to post pictures of my gender-unknown chicken here?
You're welcome, and yes, Easter Egger is the name by which poultry breeders refer to these colored egg laying hybrids. By all means, post pics of your unknown chicken here. We would be happy to take a look at it. Also, you can post it on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and let our experts there take a look at it as well. Actually a few of us here on this section, frequent that section as well.

Here is a more recent picture of "Esmerelda," the buff orpington that I hope is a hen but fear is a rooster! She is about 13 weeks in this picture. You can see our black Australorp roo behind her, also about 13 weeks.

Here is a more recent picture of "Esmerelda," the buff orpington that I hope is a hen but fear is a rooster! She is about 13 weeks in this picture. You can see our black Australorp roo behind her, also about 13 weeks.
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us. Sorry, but I think Esmerelda is a boy.

Boo. So far, that seems to be the what everyone thinks! I guess we'll just have 2 roosters! Hopefully they'll be friends!

Boo. So far, that seems to be the what everyone thinks! I guess we'll just have 2 roosters! Hopefully they'll be friends!
I hope we're wrong. But if my math is right that would give you 2 roos and 7 pullets. Most would recommend that's too many roosters for the number of girls you have.

Back
Top Bottom