New in to chicks and ducks

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Not really, but I haven't had chickens and ducks since the late 1990's.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Right now none. Just applied for the permit for Columbus Ohio .

(3) What breeds do you have? None yet. Looking for eggs with chicken and pets for ducks.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Eggs

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, woodworking , yard work , flowers

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Husband is a CPA, son going to college and has a job. One dog, rescue mini pin, and a cat. Used to be a RN, Director of Nursing. Now retired. Use to have wild mallards, a couple. She'd come pick on my patio door and I'd go out with cracked corn for her and him. They'd swim in my small fish pond and then leave till the next day or two. A hawk got her one year and he never came back. Thought ,I wanted the ducks and might as well have some chicken too. LOL

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D don't remember, post stroke, memory not good. LOL Probably from so much research to update myself on raising fowl...heard of you from a magazine or site article .

20190405_154035.jpg
Hi Nick! I'd love to hear how your coop planning is coming? We just moved from Sacramento to Columbus and are researching the same process.

Give me a call, your welcome to come see it. 614 256 0310.

One dog, rescue mini pin
I have one too!!
IMG_20190828_141845357.jpg
IMG_20190202_122435674.jpg

All of them are rescues actually.
Her name is Fuji, short for Fugitive. She was running stray in Ohio. Transported to me in NY to foster. That went well.
I did not name her and was going to change her name when I adopted her but she's taken off on me 9 times in 6 years so I figured she deserves the name.

I have one too!!
View attachment 1906148 View attachment 1906149
All of them are rescues actually.
Her name is Fuji, short for Fugitive. She was running stray in Ohio. Transported to me in NY to foster. That went well.
I did not name her and was going to change her name when I adopted her but she's taken off on me 9 times in 6 years so I figured she deserves the name.

This is Spinner. She'll be 2 in November. We got her at Franklin County Shelter. That's our baby.
20180423_094803.jpg
20180423_094803.jpg

Back
Top Bottom