New in Vista, San Diego CA

Chick2471

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
Vista, CA
Hi,
So I took the leap and joined! We don't have any chickens yet, but I've been slowly twisting my hubby's arm and he's coming around! Our new next door neighbors have a coop and their 5 hens come up to our fence for treats (I give them meal worms which they LOVE!) They are so personable and interesting. They are "guarded" by a goose who seems friendly enough but I wouldn't want to mess with him. They said they use to have problems with raccoons until they got him. So...now we are thinking it might be fun to get a few of our own.

First things first....a coop! We only want 3 hens, so want to go small. Anyone out there from this area who knows of a place locally to get one? Or maybe we'll have to make one.

Nice to meet you all! Wish me luck!!
smile.png

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Happy coop hunting and hope you find something that suits your needs perfectly.

Such an exciting time for you :)

Hi fellow San Diego chicken keeper! If you know of good sources in our area please PM me! We're in Vista, what area are you in?

hi! I'm new too :); try a local school...sometimes for science class or Easter they hatch chickens in an incubator. That's how the families who own chickens increase their flocks, and how I became a chicken farmer (I revived a floppy chick--and plan on getting more soon).

Back
Top Bottom