New incubator humidity problems

Country11525

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 8, 2014
I just finished the build using oak panel board with1 inch thick stryro foam walls and covered the styro foam with more oak panel boards. I am using a water heater thermostat and it stays right at 100 but my humidity level is staying at 53% I don't have any water in there and 3 vent hole in the top upper corner opposite of the lights and fan. Any ideas, maybe put some vent holes?

Here are some pics.

You know, (that looks very nice), the water surface is important when it comes to humidity. Can you decrease the surface of the water by putting it into a smaller pan or container, with less surface exposed?

Right now I have zero water in there. With two analog humidity readers and one digital and all three still reading around 53 to 55% humidity. Should I put more vent holes in it and if I do will that mess my thermostat setting up

I have had up and testing running for almost 48 hours now the temp has held right 99 to 100 the whole time been checking the high and low that the digital therm I have in there. So if I put more vent holes in will it mess up my temps. And where should I put the vents holes.

The way I built this was to make sure it could hold a stable temp for long times which it does. I have very little temp changes. Also I used oak on the outside and inside so i can stain it and put a nice gloss finish on the outside. Won't do that on the inside thou. I wanted this to look good sitting inside when I hatch eggs so my wife does not complain.

Also I do raise chickens for eggs but this will be used to hatch quail for eggs and meat. Been raising chickens now for over two years so I have so background on raising fowl.

If any wants I can send plans for the bator, it is of my own design.

This is reason why I don't join forums, unless you have been around for awhile no one
Will responded. So good luck to you all in your fowl plans. But I will say you do have a info thts goods. So good luck to you and good bye

looks nice, the best way to lower humidity is venting, i would proceed with caution maybe 1-2 hole(s) at a time and wait a day or two to see how it effects the humidity and temp

This is the Hatch-a-long thread...and can feel like a slot machine at times...but you can't throw your 'line' in once and then leave the pond...I have been in your position, so I know how it feels...next time you have a problem getting 'bites'...keep casting, try different 'bait', move around... you could lock on to who's currently on-line, look for someone who at least looks like they should be worth their salt, 'Flock Masters, Greeters, etc., ask them directly in the PM system...and make sure that they are regular users, as in, they have been on-line regularly...
Then repeat until you find a common thread, no pun (well yeah, pun intended) and you feel like you can walk away feeling good about your decision(s). The Learning Center, in all probability, would have answered most, if not all, of your questions. You just have to learn to scratch the surface, like any
good chicken.

LEARN from the chicken! In other words, I hope you'll stay because in the end, I think, the one's to suffer most are the Chickens...

Viva la Chicken!

Research Research Research! And some more research while your at it!

Just another newbie's opinion...we all start(ed) somewhere, it's the path that is supposed to offer the best parts...you get this and then you tend to forget any negative notion......it should wash right off. Like it was never there...

THANK YOU BYC'ers... !

Back
Top Bottom