1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New(ish) to the craft

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cherisplace61, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Cherisplace61

Cherisplace61 New Egg

Sep 16, 2015
    Southeastern Illinois
    Hi to all you chicken keepers out there. This is my first time raising chickens although my significant other is a pro at it. He already had the chicken house, coop, heat lamps, feeders & waterers, so I am a bit ahead of the curve. We started with 7 silver wyandottes & 7 gold/brown wyandottes, which we got as chicks from one of our area's farm stores in late April 2015. We lost 2 from either a coon or a badger & 1 managed to jump the fence. We now have 11' 10 pullers & 1 rooster. Just this week we started getting the pullet eggs (4 so far), which was about what we figure based on information from here & other sites.

I found out about BackYardChickens by googling for information online. :)

My other hobbies are reading, crocheting & knitting, some gardening, singing in a women's barbershop chorus, & going to auctions. I also work full time outside the home. I like to travel when I can & going to the theater when I can manage the time.

We live in southeastern Illinois & i work in southwest Indiana in the automotive industry. We have 7 children total & 6 grandchildren. We have 2 small dogs & 2 cats besides the wyandottes. I am very excited to raise chickens & in learning more about them. Our girls (pullets) are very pretty. Looking forward to the fresh eggs & the good chicken conversations. Thank you for creating a place to learn all about chicken

1 person likes this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you joined the BYC flock[​IMG]. Hope you will visit our very informative Learning Center.

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

What a nice introduction, thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. In addition to all the chicken forums, you might enjoy the hobby section of BYC:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/41/hobbies

If you have questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of helpful, friendly members here and a ton of information.

Thanks for joining us!

4. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. Justso

Justso Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2015
    Chicagoland DuPage Co
  7. Cherisplace61

Cherisplace61 New Egg

Sep 16, 2015
    Southeastern Illinois
    Thank you everyone for the welcome.[/SIZEi really appreciate it,]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by