New Jersey

I was going to text you to see if you got it. You're welcome and thank you! So does cinderella get to keep her name or is she keeping cruella? I'm so thankful for you taking her. Rehoming her was much harder than i expected. The weather has been so gross since we got our new girls from you. I haven't been able to socialize with them much. I hate the winter!!!!

Its hard to be outside lately. The wind makes it hard. If its sunny out I can tolerate sitting with them more. I sit on the bench and just watch them and they talk to me. I wish you didn't feel bad about her. She just has too much personality for the smaller flock. Howard couldn't tell which one was her today because they mingle so well together now. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. And I think she can keep Cinderella
wink.png

Despite the cold, my hens have been laying lots of eggs! My dad installed a light in the coop for extra "daylight" hours and that seemed to do the trick. They've been so good and are pretty much all laying in the nesting boxes! Here's a picture of the most recent eggs:

Despite the cold, my hens have been laying lots of eggs! My dad installed a light in the coop for extra "daylight" hours and that seemed to do the trick. They've been so good and are pretty much all laying in the nesting boxes! Here's a picture of the most recent eggs:

Nice haul! I have 14 at laying age. Two are molting. I don't have a light (no electric back there yet but I could run an extension cord) and I'm getting 7-9 eggs a day. Guess I know what's for breakfast tomorrow, lol.

Nice haul! I have 14 at laying age. Two are molting. I don't have a light (no electric back there yet but I could run an extension cord) and I'm getting 7-9 eggs a day. Guess I know what's for breakfast tomorrow, lol.
Wow thats great for no light. I would be happy with that. I have a light and have 10 laying and usually i'll get average 7 a day sometimes less. I do think the light did jump start them to lay but I really dont think mine even need it now.....

Wow thats great for no light. I would be happy with that. I have a light and have 10 laying and usually i'll get average 7 a day sometimes less. I do think the light did jump start them to lay but I really dont think mine even need it now.....

Thats pretty good for ten. Mine picked up about two weeks ago. Was about 4-5 before that. I think the little extra light we've been getting lately is what's helped. Can't wait till they are all in full swing.

Some pics from this morning. Not too bad out. Here's Cinderella (BR) hanging with her new Sis-tahs, lol. I think that's her butt in the middle.

Sorry for the dog butt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom