New Jersey

She's actually just to the right in the first picture standing behind the marans. Today was the first time she bolted out of the run with the whole group, like a worm buffet is at the other side of the yard.

Hi NJ. I was wondering if there are any chicken feed mills in NJ. Trying to find a mill about 1 hour away from me or somewhere close to my hubby's job, where he can stop on his way home from work to pick up some chicken feed. :)

Hello all!
Central.I've only lived in Jersey for a year, moved from Seattle, WA in mid 2011. Because of this, it's now legal to get chickens!!!!
yesss.gif

We've been researching ever since we moved here, and now we're ready. Just ordered our first flock. Arriving on April 15th.

Hello all!
Central.I've only lived in Jersey for a year, moved from Seattle, WA in mid 2011. Because of this, it's now legal to get chickens!!!!
yesss.gif

We've been researching ever since we moved here, and now we're ready. Just ordered our first flock. Arriving on April 15th.

Welcome!! You'll love it. What did you order and how many? I have 22 right now, but two boys are looking for new homes. I'm going to get a few olive egger's this spring to add.

Last edited:
NJchixs - I will be setting those eggs very soon.
I was going to set them today - but I dropped 4 of my wheaten marans eggs, I want to have at least a dozen of those to set...so I'll set them in maybe 3 days??

Here's what I have so far (but subtract 4 marans eggs...). I'll be setting pure wheaten marans, OE (wheaten marans x mossy green laying EE), pure black silkie/showgirl, and EE eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom