New Jersey

If anyone is looking, I still have some female Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks and Sex-Linked 5 week olds for sale. They went outside today and are looking great!
thumbsup.gif

I'm located in Jackson.

Had the little ones out today and when I looked over shortly after this is what I saw. He looks mangled, but just sleeping. Lol.
My first thought was oh no, is that mine!!! I never saw that before. The first time I saw my chicks dust bathe I had no idea what they were doing and I freaked out. I thought they were dying because they were laying on their sides.

Had the little ones out today and when I looked over shortly after this is what I saw. He looks mangled, but just sleeping. Lol.
My first thought was oh no, is that mine!!! I never saw that before. The first time I saw my chicks dust bathe I had no idea what they were doing and I freaked out. I thought they were dying because they were laying on their sides.

I will be doing my "Got Chickens?" talk at Kirby's in Medford this coming Sunday. This is especially for people who have never had chickens, and discusses topics like sunbathing and stuff that freaks the newbies out. There were so many new people at the Chickens 102 talk last week that I told Sarah I'd help her out and do one. So, stop by and share your experiences, and tell your friends who don't have chickens yet to come and learn!

In starting to be able to sex the chicks I hatched out and I'm going to be getting rid of some of the little roos to make some room. Figured I'd offer them here first! All would be free to good home.

One is a little barred mix. He is a bit funny looking as he has a minor scissor beak and his eye sticks out on one side. Almost looks like the socket did not fully form. He's doing very well though. I would love for him to go to a good home but if not I think it would be best for me to put him down humanely. I already have two roosters so I cannot keep him myself. I think he is maran/Cochin mix. His name is Cyclops.

The other is a pure splash Cochin bantam. Pet quality but dad is quite a looker! Looks like it will also be male. Has nice feathering on feet.

Also looks like I have a black mix with some white speckling on chest. Not quite sure if it is male but looking like it could be.

All were born on the 21st of March. I am in hope, nj.

I will be doing my "Got Chickens?" talk at Kirby's in Medford this coming Sunday. This is especially for people who have never had chickens, and discusses topics like sunbathing and stuff that freaks the newbies out. There were so many new people at the Chickens 102 talk last week that I told Sarah I'd help her out and do one. So, stop by and share your experiences, and tell your friends who don't have chickens yet to come and learn!
Sounds Great! I last week was very informative but a little intense. I would love to be there this week too so I can get more info, however I am not sure my schedule will allow me. But over the weekend our neighbor got so excited to learn we have chicks and that our town allows it they went out and got their own small flock. I gave them the info about your chick chat, I hope they can make it.

Our chicks finally arrived yesterday from mypetchicken! One barred rock, one EE, one New Hampshire Red, and one Pearl Leghorn :D
I finally understand why people can start with two chickens and add twenty more in a year! They're adorable :D

Oh boy!!! What time?
wee.gif

I will be doing my "Got Chickens?" talk at Kirby's in Medford this coming Sunday. This is especially for people who have never had chickens, and discusses topics like sunbathing and stuff that freaks the newbies out. There were so many new people at the Chickens 102 talk last week that I told Sarah I'd help her out and do one.  So, stop by and share your experiences, and tell your friends who don't have chickens yet to come and learn!

Sounds Great! I last week was very informative but a little intense. I would love to be there this week too so I can get more info, however I am not sure my schedule will allow me. But over the weekend our neighbor got so excited to learn we have chicks and that our town allows it they went out and got their own small flock.  I gave them the info about your chick chat, I hope they can make it.

Enabler, lol.

Back
Top Bottom