New Jersey

Hi everyone! Haven't posted on here in ages. I am getting all of my spring hatching plans in order and I am wondering if any of you have modern game, japanese bantams, old english game, or belgian D'Anvers hatching eggs for sale in the spring? PM me if you do. I attempted to find some last year, but my health prevented me from being able to move forward with my plans. Now that I have the two new coops ready to go (or nearly ready to go) I am going to try this again.

Hey everyone, a friend who works in city hall in Cherry Hill tells me that Cherry Hill (south jersey) is going to outlaw chickens.
they are going to grandfather in the current chicken keepers but new owners won't be allowed.... That is all I know so far.

Just a heads up.

Hey everyone, a friend who works in city hall in Cherry Hill tells me that Cherry Hill (south jersey) is going to outlaw chickens.
they are going to grandfather in the current chicken keepers but new owners won't be allowed.... That is all I know so far.

Just a heads up.

Did they say why they are going to outlaw them, when they were allowed before? Perhaps changes can be made to the current laws that would not forbid them outright.

Not certain about exact reasons, only that enough complaints have come from neighbors, etc to the city offices that I guess they got tired of it? The town WAS a farming community, so that was why chickens have been allowed, but it is really not a farming town anymore. That is my best guess.

Not certain about exact reasons, only that enough complaints have come from neighbors, etc to the city offices that I guess they got tired of it? The town WAS a farming community, so that was why chickens have been allowed, but it is really not a farming town anymore. That is my best guess.
Sounds like they need some education about the difference between farming poultry practices and backyard flocks.

There are not many poultry breeders in NJ, but the few people who are in NJ have amazing birds! I can think of four great breeders 1 is the Jersey Giant breeder Mary said but the other three have amazing birds! One breeds quail D'Anvers the other raises Plymouth Rock BT and the last has amazing Sumatra LF, BT, Ameracana LF and African Geese. But I do agree with Mary buying out of state birds is great! My champion Muscovies are from PA, Cochins from 2 breeders in NY, Houdans from Michigan an lots of other breeds too!

I know this post is a bit old, but I am looking for African goslings and I was wondering if you had the site or contact information still of the breeder you mentioned? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom