New Jersey

I woke up this morning to a buttload of snow and Cornell only delayed classes until 9:30. I couldn't believe it! It's still snowing pretty bad, but luckily my one teacher cancelled dissection lab (My partner and I finished stuff ahead of time anyway so we wouldn't have to come in) and I decided to play it safe and skip the other lecture since it is just a seminar and the professor does not take attendance.

Today is my birthday, so I'm spending a nice day at home doing some work ahead of time so I don't have as much to do later on down the road. Not a bad day at all :)

Happy Birthday!

What did you wrap it with? Its too late for my run now. I just shovel paths for them and then put hay down so they can walk. That seems to work well.

In the past I shoveled for them, but never with this much snow! I wrapped the whole thing in 6ml plastic tarps, first stapled on, then secured with 1x2's so it wouldn't blow off. MUCH better for all of us! I still have some cracks to give some ventilation. I'm very wary of the moisture build-up in the winter.

Anyone down in South Jersey? I'm near Vineland. Have about 35-40 chicken in our little flock with some nice variety. Hoping to find other great chicken folks around us : ) and of course even more great chicken advice!
I love the chickens in the snow pictures, we have a few who don't care for the snow, but others who aren't too bothered by it. My rooster despises it, he'll stand on the sidelines and just observe. I absolutely love him!

Anyone down in South Jersey? I'm near Vineland. Have about 35-40 chicken in our little flock with some nice variety. Hoping to find other great chicken folks around us : ) and of course even more great chicken advice!
I love the chickens in the snow pictures, we have a few who don't care for the snow, but others who aren't too bothered by it. My rooster despises it, he'll stand on the sidelines and just observe. I absolutely love him! 

Back
Top Bottom