New Jersey

There were a lot of young ducks at the Sussex show in October. Maybe you can get some there in may. Also Jersey chickens has ducks too.
Ill check out jersey chickens!
i will have some ducklings for sale in the spring. Black Cayugas, Gray Rouens and Black and Blue Muscovies. All from great lines.
Beautiful ducks! I'm thinking I want ones on the smaller side that can't fly, maybe Campbells?

Hi im from Morris County and I will be hatching chicks in May. Does anyone know how to vent sext? Does anyone know of a vet or someone I can hire?
I want to know asap if any chicks are males/roosters because I can't keep them & want to find them new homes asap.

Hey guys! I have 5 EE roos that need a new home! They were hatched out on new years day from eggs I got from a fellow BYCer. beautiful colors! I hatched 8 and I think only 2 are pullets and I can only have 1 roo. If they dont find a home they will go to freezer camp when old enough but they are starting to crow so I need them gone before that lol. Please PM me if interested, im in sussex county.and willing to tavel :)
And I wont be picky if you want to invite them for dinner ;)

kristin- What chicks are you hatching out. Some have sex linked characteristic (color markings or wing feathers). Example: I have RIR Roo who when corssed with Barred Rock Hens produces a sex linked chick.

Usually by 3 weeks you can easily tell them apart even without sex linked traits.

LeenaB-
French black copper maran
frizzle Easter egger
frizzle olive egger
frizzle tolbunt polish
I don't think any can be feather or sex linked :(

Hi im from Morris County and I will be hatching chicks in May. Does anyone know how to vent sext? Does anyone know of a vet or someone I can hire?
I want to know asap if any chicks are males/roosters because I can't keep them & want to find them new homes asap.
Vent sexing is very tricky, and very few people can do it reliably. Don't count on a vet, either - it's hard enough to find one who will even look at chickens, let alone know enough to do vent sexing. This is not something they teach in vet school. You're just going to have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom