New Jersey

Hey, I'm not new to the forums been on here for more than 2 years it feels like. Anyway, i am located in Northern New Jersey and just had 3 (out of possible 7 eggs hatch) and 1 more is starting to hatch. so perhaps 4 RIR chicks. I am curious if anyone in northern NJ would be interested in 3-4 (or more) RIR chicks, like a week old. I like to keep them at least for 1 week or more before rehoming them. There will be a SMALL "adoption" fee.

I hope they will be used more as "pets" or egg layers than meat birds, but I guess I'll take the Vegas saying "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." more like what I don't know what kill me... no phun intended. I am an animal lover who is unable to raise chickens in her town, but like to incubate eggs as a hobby.

Please message me if you are interested in adding a few more birds/chicks to your flock.

South Jersey peeps! My birds and I will be at Krby's I Medford today for their Chick day! Come by so we can meet in person!
I met you there the other day and you mentioned to join this forum so I finally got the time to do it. Just wanted to say thank you again for all your info. You are so passionate about what you do and I've never been more confident about the advice a person has provided me with, my family was so impressed with your beautiful chickens. Thank you very much for that. I'll be browsing and posting as I learn how to work this site. Our 3 jersey Giants will be 5 weeks old on Tuesday .. Everyone is still alive :) haha thank you again !! - norm ps: I posted in the new user forum and mentioned you recommended this site, I hope you don't mind. Thank you again from all of us !!

Quote:
Hi, Norm!! My pleasure! It's always great to meet new chicken people! Thanks for the compliments - I'm very happy to help others avoid the mistakes I made as a newbie. Please don't hesitate to ask questions - we've all asked them, and there's probably nothing we haven't heard before.` Don't forget about our poultry show in Sussex on May 16th!

Hi All, 

Does anyone raise Ameraucanas?  I am looking for a young black AM cockerel to go with 3 pullets.  I have 2 blues and 1 black and my daughter wants to breed and possibly show them for 4H.  I am in central western NJ and hoping not to have to drive too far lol!

Evieshotchicks on facebook. They are in Cookstown. They have Blues and I believe black also. They are nice birds.

@mame1616 oh and here are a few of the pictures I grabbed of your birds while you were at kirbys [QUOTE="mame1616, post: 15131778, member: 6103"]
Hi, Norm!!  My pleasure!  It's always great to meet new chicken people!  Thanks for the compliments - I'm very happy to help others avoid the mistakes I made as a newbie.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions - we've all asked them, and there's probably nothing we haven't heard before.`  Don't forget about our poultry show in Sussex on May 16th!
[/QUOTE]

Wanted to put feelers out....CONSIDERING selling my true Araucana hen...if i decide to sell im asking $50 firm...shes very sweet about 1 1/2yrs old lays large pretty blue eggs but...goes broody WAY TOO MUCH for me...i don't/can't have a roo & got her for her blue eggs but shes broody more than she lays :(
She's a great mom (purchased her hatching eggs) ...not a mean broody she lets you handle her, the eggs & the chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom