New Jersey

Is anyone interested in young pekin chicks? I hatched some on May 1st and have some left. They are eating good and go for a swim everyday in a small pool. I keep them on an enclosed
poarch at nite and they are doing great. I am located in south jersey and would be willing to meet this weekend to make the transfer. Asking $5 each

I don't see why not. As long as it is not an illegal species and you follow postal rules, I'm pretty sure you can ship most animals. You can certainly receive them in the mail. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, however.

Remember, the Sussex County Poultry Fanciers spring show is this coming Saturday! It's at the NJ State Fairgrounds in Augusta. You will find a generous variety of birds available at the sale there.

I'm in Jersey!!!  I'm in North Plainfield--at the crux of Somerset, Union and Middlesex counties (seriously, we touch every one of them).  It's about an hour outside of NYC by bus/train.

We actually have chickens here and there because alot of the latino immigrants keep them.  So people around here know what chickens ARE, but they find it odd that I'm not a latino, don't live in a high latino area, and would consider keeping chickens.  /img/smilies/old.gif
hi I'm from north Edison on new Dover, glad to meet you

I need to vent... So my neighbors, who rent the house next door, got two dogs. One is about 8 months old and the other is about 4 months old. The keep getting loose and they do not respond to the owner or any commands. Today they got loose and immediately ran into my yard and began attacking my birds. The owner came running over and couldn't manage to get control over the 8 month old. My poor rooster lost all of his tail and the better part of his hackle feathers. He survived though... this time. I am far more concerned about what would have happened if my 8 year old had been out playing in the yard. So now I am left with deciding how to handle the neighbors. They have been good neighbors and we like them, but I should be able to allow my kid to play in the yard without worrying about her being attacked by a dog. Clearly they do not know how to manage/train a dog of this nature. These are big dogs (the older one is about 60+ lbs at 8 months and the little one is about 40 at 4 months). They are a breed that requires a strong alpha trainer.

Back
Top Bottom