New Jersey

Pics
Anyone have pics of the fair so far? It goes on for a while, right? Until the 14th?

Anyone have quail available there? We're going to go up there at some point
smile.png

Quote:
I know. It was terrible it was so hot. We did have our ducks and geese there though. The chickens and guineas were only there for the 1st day and half of the 2nd day. Luckily they had the poultry show back in May. Though the Open show had to be cancelled.
sad.png

Hi JJ. Thanks for asking about Lou Lou. She is doing really well. I gave her another week inside then started putting her in an area where she could see the other girls and get some sun for a bit each day. What a nightmare reuniting them. She's the leader so she sure showed them she is still the leader. She fought with each one. I stood there and let them squabble a little and then broke up each battle. So much for the leg-healing time. She was jumping up and had her claws flying. They were fine after that. She still limped a little for another week but now I don't see any trace of it.

My newest issue is that Suzy has been flying up into a tree just before it's time to go to bed. 3 days in a row I had to go get a step ladder to climb up and get her out. The 4th day I got out there earlier and lured them in. The 5th day I was late again so I went out with some bread and waved it around. She came down on her own. It's so high up and there are so many sharp branches - it's a huge pine tree - it makes me really nervous. Bad chicken!

How are yours donig?

Quote:
So glad Lou Lou is feeling like her old self! That integration/reintegration thing is such a worry. Glad it seems over and done with now. (I'm sooooo worried about poor little Ellie, should BJ go first...........all alone and will need to be integrated somewhere - she is such a doll........)
Suzy - what's up with that?!?! Do you think she is getting ostracized by others so has taken to staking out new digs? Or is she just having fun tormenting you?! I would be just as nervous. Maybe really enticing treats consistently at bedtime so she stays out of the stratosphere? Mine go crazy for bird seed mixtures (with sunflower seeds of course) - this may be the easiest thing to do daily?

(when chickens first came into my life out of thin air, 2 of them appeared and would roost high high HIGH in a pine tree (like 60 feet high!) and then parasail down in the morning!)
JJ

Hi, All~
I haven't been around in a while but wanted you all to know that I have some chicks for sale. Mixed breeds (all 1/2 Partridge Rock). If you hear of anyone wanting chicks let me know!
This year has been a little crazy and I got a late start to my chick hatching. I always wait until after Easter to hatch and since it was late this year I didn't "get around to it" until last month.

Sarah~ The Chic Chat was so much fun but, like Mary, the fall is also a hard time for me to do anything. Hopefully, you'll have another in the spring! I'll be looking for your posts!
smile.png

Quote:
sad.png
Darn I've been wanting Delawares, but I can't have any more roosters as I already have 8 now
th.gif
Good luck with finding them homes. The Pendescenas we got from you turned out to be 3 boys and 3 girls. We kept a trio and gave the others to our 4-H friends.

Andrea

Back
Top Bottom