New Jersey

Pics
Just thought I would throw this out here. I still have 3 piglets left if anyone is interested. They will be ready to go next week. Vet will be here wednsday to give them thier shots. 50 for males 65 for females. Most have white boots.

Last edited:
Yea you need a yard for them to get out and stretch their legs. And do their duty lol.

I lost alot of chickens this winter. I am down to 11 from 39. Still getting 5 eggs a day tho. Yotes and fox did a number on me. And of course they killed my favorites. We trapped 9 fox in a 3 week peiod. I started setting for yotes yesterday. Gonna go out now and see what I got. There is a beautiful yellow faze yote I seen running around. All my snares are around the coop so as long as they stay away they will be fine. If not welp they make nice mittens lol.

I am defenitly going to some shows this year. Maybe even have somthing here. I have about 4 acres of mowed grass.

I have started a group on Facebook This is a group designed specifically for East Coast Poultry Breeders with bird or eggs for sale. This can include
New Jersey, New York, Maryland, South Carolina, North Carolina, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, West Virginia.

Topics of the forum is for sale poultry or eggs, birds wanted & equipment. Hope you can join!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237691836313553/

wow, thats really late for that breed, it should be 5 or 6 months at the latest. i have heard that late bloomers lay longer so hopefully thats the case for you.

Mame,

Can you remind me of the dates for the spring poultry show? I am trying to make up my work schedule for the next few months and wanted to leave that day free!

Galloway NJ - I have 2 reds that freerange in about a 60 yard radius of the coop. The neighbors love them and they arrive at their doorsteps like clockwork each day to beg for treats.
They feed them like crazy no wonder why they are getting so fat! I live in a suburban neighborhood and only need to fear dogs or maybe a raccoon or something. I had to get rid of the roo or my neighbors would've shot me and him. If you are cruizin down RT 9 near Atlantic City you may just see them hanging out in the hood. The birds have given us great joy and it it has extended out to the whole community.

Hey there, does anybody have an opinion on where to get three layers from in the West Windsor area? The coop is being built right now, and I'm looking to put hens in it an about a month's time. At this point I'm clueless where to get them from other than ordering chicks online, which I'm very reluctant to do.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom