New Keeper!

MochaLatte

Crowing
Jul 15, 2021
Central Illinois
I grew up with chickens... but never owned any (as an adult!) until this year. I picked up some chicks in April, and have been thoroughly enjoying helping them grow into big girls. I am, unfortunately, not sure on what breeds some of them are... I believe they may have been mislabeled, but I love these sweet girls. I have 10 total.

I find that since bringing them home, I am always searching for new ways to make them more comfortable. I've also been lurking for quite a while on tips and tricks of DLM and similar upkeep methods.

I truly appreciate the wealth of knowledge you all offer. I'm so excited to be here!

Hi! :frow Where are you from?
Where did you get your chicks at? There are some really great people at knowing the breeds of chickens here!
Hello! I got the day old chicks from my local farm store. The supplier for the store is Hoovers Hatchery. Im really hoping someone can help identify! I will post pictures in the breed/gender section :)

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Feel free to post some pictures of them here. We'll help you out with determining what breeds you have.
Oh ok - that is even easier! Thank you :bow

Here are the girls I am a little on the fence about....

These 2 girls were bought as ISA Browns, but from what I've seen, those have more of a reddish plumage right? These 2 girls are pretty buff colored. They are also the sweetest and follow me everywhere!

20210714_120904.jpg 20210714_120951.jpg

20210714_120835.jpg

This next girl was from a crate labeled Cinnamon Queen... but I am quite sure that's not the case here, LOL. She looks like some of the Easter Eggers/Americanas I have seen on other threads here. She has been growing some ear muffs and has a very glorious tail.
20210704_174128.jpg

Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom