New kid in chickentown

I love variety, too. I have 4 of the types you have- Gold Laced Wyandotte, Dominique, Barred Rock, and Blue Andalusian. I also have Buff and Gold Laced Polish, Sultan, Araucana, Pearl White Leghorn, Silver Spangled Hamburg, and Black Star- as well as 6 "Mystery Chicks." I've been getting 2 of each kind I'm interested in- I'm already planning on parting with one of the Wyandottes because she's very aggressive. My coop is big enough for 40 birds, but I really think 20 is enough for me.

I love variety, too. I have 4 of the types you have- Gold Laced Wyandotte, Dominique, Barred Rock, and Blue Andalusian. I also have Buff and Gold Laced Polish, Sultan, Araucana, Pearl White Leghorn, Silver Spangled Hamburg, and Black Star- as well as 6 "Mystery Chicks." I've been getting 2 of each kind I'm interested in- I'm already planning on parting with one of the Wyandottes because she's very aggressive. My coop is big enough for 40 birds, but I really think 20 is enough for me.
This reply was aimed at This reply was aimed at Petrel... I'm still getting the hang of it!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

welcome-byc.gif
I was thinking if your coop is large enough for 40 chickens but, you only have 20 - there won't be enough warm, chicken bodies to keep the coop heated. Too much empty space. Maybe you should get more to help them make it through the winter.

Back
Top Bottom