New Lemon Blue Bantam Cochins/Buff Frizzle and FIRST EGG! (Pics)

justdeb1107

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 3, 2012
Vance, AL

Last night we went to the Alabama Bantam Club's Fall show. I had arranged to get a few new show/breeding birds. I fell in love with lemon blue bantam Cochins from seeing them on the internet, and the man who spent 14 years producing them (Marty McGuire) helped hook me up with a lovely pair from some of this breeding line. I brought them home last night and kept them in a holding cage in my garage so they could settle in. Lo and behold, today the little hen gave us our FIRST EGG! We have had nearly all of our chicks from hatch in mid-May and none are laying yet. I was SO happy! I love this sweet little pair, and also got a red/brown bantam Cochin, too, along with a lovely show quality buff Silkie girl and a buff laced frizzle Polish hen and smooth male. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have these lovely new "kids," and thrilled to have our first egg. :)))

Top pic is the lemon blue pair. Middle pic is my 10YO daughter with her new little frizzle show girl (her full sister took Best of Breed, which surprised the owner who said frizzles rarely won "best"). Last pic is the egg color/size comparison of our first banty egg next to a supermarket large egg. We are excited!

Last night we went to the Alabama Bantam Club's Fall show. I had arranged to get a few new show/breeding birds. I fell in love with lemon blue bantam Cochins from seeing them on the internet, and the man who spent 14 years producing them (Marty McGuire) helped hook me up with a lovely pair from some of this breeding line. I brought them home last night and kept them in a holding cage in my garage so they could settle in. Lo and behold, today the little hen gave us our FIRST EGG! We have had nearly all of our chicks from hatch in mid-May and none are laying yet. I was SO happy! I love this sweet little pair, and also got a red/brown bantam Cochin, too, along with a lovely show quality buff Silkie girl and a buff laced frizzle Polish hen and smooth male. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have these lovely new "kids," and thrilled to have our first egg. :)))

Top pic is the lemon blue pair. Middle pic is my 10YO daughter with her new little frizzle show girl (her full sister took Best of Breed, which surprised the owner who said frizzles rarely won "best"). Last pic is the egg color/size comparison of our first banty egg next to a supermarket large egg. We are excited!

Are you sure that is a show girl? It looks like a Buff Laced Polish.

Yes, the pullet in the first pic was a buff laced frizzle Polish. They were in the show. Can she not be shown? I am new, so I don't know. This pic is the buff Silkie pullet I purchased. She should be show quality. At any rate, I will try with them both.

Yes, the pullet in the first pic was a buff laced frizzle Polish. They were in the show. Can she not be shown? I am new, so I don't know. This pic is the buff Silkie pullet I purchased. She should be show quality. At any rate, I will try with them both.
I think show girl is a term used on byc for naked neck silkies (bleck!). I think your polish show girl is much purtier. I love love love the lemon and blue cochins. Are you going to breed them?

That Silkie is beautiful! She should do well.

Back
Top Bottom