New live trap--Successful!!

chicks4kids

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Northern Indiana
We have had a predator for weeks now that just kept playing with the store bought live trap. Always setting it off, dragging it across the back deck, eating suet and whatever it could find, so of course my girls (chickens) became a number one concern. Now we have caught coon, possum, and skunk in our store bought trap so my concern was maybe a wild cat or coyote. So, after careful thought, my husband built me a 5 ft. long by 2 by 2 trap to catch whatever it was. Here is what we caught...

coon.jpg

Just too big too fit in the old trap!

coon2.jpg

So at 2:30 in the morning, we had to lug this heavy cage off of the back deck to the ground because of his trying to tear and fight through the cage. He was way too loud and aggressive. But it was a success all in all! Kudos to my hubby who supports my hobbies and does his best to keep them safe!! BTW, we will be putting wheels on one end so that it will be easier to move.

Hope this gives other ideas on possible traps to catch those predators!!

Can you skin it, make it into a coonskin hat and send it to me? I pay $50 dollars for it.
lol.png

Just kidding.

I'm going to borrow my friends live trap again and see if I can catch a coon of my own. I'm going to nail it onto my chicken coop as a warning to the other coons.

Last edited:
4 Love of Baby Chickens-that is too funny!! I have a pair of turkey buzzards nesting nearby, so they've been feasting!! I could hang that skin in no time as well at the rate they're going.

I gotta tell you though, that coon was elusive! I couldn't believe it. We've had our share out here, but I honestly was thinking it had to be a critter higher up on the food chain...we just couldn't catch it!! Or see it!!

Quote:
AHA! I'm not the only person who says crawdads instead of crawfish! Everyone thought I was crazy on an earlier post! Oops, hijacked the thread...done now...

Back
Top Bottom