New Member _ Incubator lid came briefly ajar during hatching. Advise please.

Mar 22, 2023
Hello Everyone. This is my 2nd time incubating. 1st time was last spring. Today is day 22. My first egg hatched last night and my 2nd today. When I was checking on them the incubator lid briefly came ajar. Did I ruin the rest of my eggs from hatching?

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Summer of 2022

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6. 2-roosters, 4-hens

(3) What breeds do you have? Americanas and Violets

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Watching them

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Homesteading

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 6 dogs (1-large med coat German Shepard, 1-huskie, 1-lab mix, 3-ankle biters :)), 4 Nigerian Dwarf goats, Vegetable garden. All my dogs really protect my chicks and goats. Very gentle with them. Dogs keep the predators away,so I'm able to free range.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Looking for some answers on my incubation issue and found this forum on DuckDuckGo.

Attachments

• hatchlings.png
    hatchlings.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 8
Hello Everyone. This is my 2nd time incubating. 1st time was last spring. Today is day 22. My first egg hatched last night and my 2nd today. When I was checking on them the incubator lid briefly came ajar. Did I ruin the rest of my eggs from hatching?

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Summer of 2022

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6. 2-roosters, 4-hens

(3) What breeds do you have? Americanas and Violets

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Watching them

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Homesteading

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 6 dogs (1-large med coat German Shepard, 1-huskie, 1-lab mix, 3-ankle biters :)), 4 Nigerian Dwarf goats, Vegetable garden. All my dogs really protect my chicks and goats. Very gentle with them. Dogs keep the predators away,so I'm able to free range.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Looking for some answers on my incubation issue and found this forum on DuckDuckGo.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom