1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member... And Duck Lover!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TrueStockFarms, Jul 11, 2016.

1. TrueStockFarms

TrueStockFarms Just Hatched

Jul 11, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Hello all! I am new to the poultry world this year and am so excited to be able to learn so much from this site! I started with chickens and then got a few ducks. I lost all my chickens to a raccoon problem but luckily my three ducks survived. I have since decided that ducks are awesome and that I kind of like them better than chickens…lol so I have now built my duck up to about 20 and I only have 3 bantam chickens currently. This weekend I am excited to add my very first pair of geese to my flock! Raising poultry has been exciting so far and I can’t wait to see where my new adventures take me!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and :welcome - thanks for joining us. Good luck with your geese additions - they make great guard dogs, so I hear.

Best wishes
    Ct

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC

6. LearninMyFlock

LearninMyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome! I'm new also. I like them all;) have some chickens and ducks and LW will add some turkeys in Aug. This my first year. They are so much fun!

7. AnimalsRmyLife

AnimalsRmyLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2013
    Idaho
    [​IMG]

Hope you continue to have a wonderful time here! We're glad to have you join us!

8. TrueStockFarms

TrueStockFarms Just Hatched

Jul 11, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Just had to post an update as I feel the need to share with someone! I have fallen in love with Khaki Campbell ducks! They are great little egg layers and such sweet and busy little things. I currently have 10 of them including 2 drakes. One duck is currently sitting on a nest of eggs! [​IMG] I am a fan of other smaller egg laying breeds. I have a young pair of Indian Runners and the duck should begin laying soon. The little Runner duck sure is the nosiest but it's so cute to watch her stand tall and squawk her head off! I also have a few heavier weight breeds. I have a young pair of Saxony/Appleyard crosses and the duck should also begin laying soon. They are so unique and beautiful and also a lot calmer than the others. I also have one adult Cayuga drake and 4 baby Cayuga ducklings. It is so fun watching the ducklings grow up from little black fluff balls to beautiful green-tinted. I have a few random drakes that have been given to me or collected in package deals. One is a Rouen and the other is a Pekin. This weekend I will be adding my first show stock to the flock! A pair of Buff Orpingtons and a pair of Welsh Harlequins! I am so excited! I ended up adding a pair of Cotton Patch geese to the flock and I can't wait to see them grow up! They are already beginning to bond a little more to each other! I also have four baby guinea keets that are beginning to get their adult voices and feathers! I have three bantam chickens, a black Cochin and a pair of Seramas. The Serama hen just began laying last week and they are the cutest and tiniest little eggs! She is a sweetheart and enjoys being held and standing on my shoulder. I will post pictures later today! [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Happy you are enjoying your ducks! :weee

10. LearninMyFlock

LearninMyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2016
    Pennsylvania

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by