New Member but constant reader!

MellyRae

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2021
Hi All,
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I have had chickens of all different varieties over the last 15 years, mostly rescued from battery farms, given to me, or topped up over the years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

At the moment I only have 4, because several became elderly and passed away.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have a five year old Speckledy, 2, 3 year old ex battery hens and a year old Speckledy. I am planning on getting 5 more hens in the next couple of weeks POL.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love it, they are just great. They live in a small orchard, have lots of interesting things to scratch around and free range all day.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I live on a farm and love to walk, I also have a background in art and design and have a new studio area I can use to do this.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my Husband and son, they both work, I am a dog trainer and run a dog hotel. I have 3 dogs all Battersea rescue dogs.
I am also a career for my husband who has a chronic disease .

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC some time ago when searching about a problem I had with a hen, it has been a great help to me so I finally joined!

Back
Top Bottom