new member but not new to chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by weighted_inflections, Apr 4, 2018.

1. weighted_inflections

weighted_inflections In the Brooder

Apr 4, 2018
    Syracuse, NY
    hi all. i have used the message boards here countless times to search for information over the years, so i figured i'd finally join since i have found over the last couple of months that i've had specific questions and no place to get them answered!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    no. i first got chickens in 2012. however, i am starting from scratch right now after not keeping chickens last year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    23 7-week-olds and 24 hatching eggs on the way

(3) What breeds do you have?
    welsummer, barred rocks, cream legbar, golden laced wyandotte, silver laced wyandotte, buff orpington, easter egger, blue copper marans, blue/black/splash ameraucana [the hatching eggs are white chantecler, black copper marans and olive egger]

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    years ago searching for info on chickens when i first started raising them

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    sewing, woodworking, making things, graphic design

i live in upstate ny with singer/musician my husband, son [13] and dog [a yorkie-poo named pompey magnus, because why not]. for a very long time [13 years] i ran a cloth diapering business in which i made all of the products and sold them predominantly through my online store. i'm more or less done with that now, but will dabble from time to time when it comes to making things for friends/family. now i'm a stay at home mom and i take graphic design work when it comes to me and have spent the last year or so renovating our house and making things. and since i'm hatching 24 more eggs, i really need to build a coop ASAP. i just wish the weather would cooperate.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    007Sean, Teila, KikisGirls and 3 others like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

007Sean, Teila, KikisGirls and 2 others like this.
  3. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to the flock! I hope you enjoy the site and continue to find it helpful :thumbsup

4. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Thanks for an interesting intro! If you would like to chat with other members in NY, here's a link that will take you to the state threads:
    find-your-states-thread.270925

It's nice to have you here!

5. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under weighted_inflections :frow Welcome!

I am pleased you delurked and hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

N F C and 007Sean like this.
  7. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

N F C likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: