New Member from Central Texas

SandyFork

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
Central Texas
I've been reading BYC for quite some time and always look here first when I have any questions or need tips for my crew! We have a small farm and have several breeds of chickens. Currently the permanent residents are Heritage Rhode Island Reds, Crested Cream Legbars, Croad Langshans, and Gold Laced Brahmas. I cannot resist a few curious experiments in the table-egg pen and have some Olive Eggers of various crossings :) Black Copper Marans/Cream Legbar is my favorite but I have also put a Cream Legbar over a Rhode Island Red hen for some lighter green egg layers. We also raise Miniature Jersey cattle and Nubian goats, horses, and have teenage human pups. lol.

Looking forward to being a part of this vast group!

Last edited:
Sending you a big welcome to Backyard chickens
woot.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. Sound like you have a wonderful farm; you definitely have a nice mix of breeds. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Welcome to our roost!

Back
Top Bottom