New Member from Connecticut

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mboldi, Jan 5, 2016.

1. mboldi

mboldi New Egg

Jan 5, 2016
    I've been lurking for a while, built an incubator from a counter sized cigar humidor and just hatched 2 of 3 fertile eggs from brown sex-link parents ( I set 12). I wandered onto this site and have been referencing it often. I just candled the next group and have 4 fertile eggs from the 15 set (the farm has 2 roosters for 60 hens). I need to find another local farm with more roosters.

I kept chickens when I was first married and I'm getting back to the hobby after 34 years; Life and kids got in the way but now that the kids are grown I can show my grandkids the chickens. My wife is not at all fond of chickens but my six year old granddaughter said that it would be fun so she couldn't say no.

I built a 4' x 4' brooder in the basement and will be converting my kids old 4' x 8' playhouse into a coop. I have the plans all drawn for the coop conversion and cupola addition, as well as the run. I've been getting more excited every day.

I'm not much of a poster but I wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks for reading...Marty

2. Blackberry18

Blackberry18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    Welcome to BYC! So glad you joined our flock! Sounds like you've already had some good experience! If you have any questions, check out the Learning Center (https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center) or feel free to ask away! We all are addicted to answering questions and seeing pictures. Good luck with your poultry journey!

3. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Marty, [​IMG]

Welcome back to chickens, you and your granddaughter are going to have a wonderful time with the birds!

It would be nice to see a picture of your converted playhouse coop when you get it done. Always nice to see what inventive things people come up with for their chickens.

Thanks for joining us!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Marty - great to have you join us. Good luck with your plans!

All the best
    Ct

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by