New Member From Florida, new to chickens too

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you decided to join us.

One breed I would definitely suggest is the Black Australorp.....

Did some reading after you suggested them, they sound awesome. My wife wants a Silkie, 'cause they are cute :D Will probably get one Australop, one Silkie and not sure about the third. Maybe a RIR or a Buff Orpington?

Did some reading after you suggested them, they sound awesome. My wife wants a Silkie, 'cause they are cute :D Will probably get one Australop, one Silkie and not sure about the third. Maybe a RIR or a Buff Orpington?

I used to raise Black Silkies, and they were delightful little birds; sweet, gentle, friendly, and funny. I've also had both Rhode Island Reds and Buff Orpingtons (still have BOs) and the RIRs are slightly better layers, but they can be aggressive (especially the roosters). Buff Orpingtons are very friendly and gentle. I never had an aggressive one. Like with the Australorps, my children made lap pets of both the Silkies and Orpingtons.

I see you are in Florida to in Bradenton and have Americauns and Indian Runner duck and enjoy them all.
I would like to know what breed of chickens. I have a incubator and hatched my chickens.
Eileen 1930. Email is [email protected]

What breed chickens do you have. I send you a message but not sure you will get it so Iam sending you another.

I am not up to how they do all this but hope you get this. Eileen 1930

Back
Top Bottom