New member from Florida

relicshunter

Chirping
Jun 11, 2021
I finally joined, been here for a little while. I started with ducks 10 years ago with just a few for eggs. This spring decided to get a couple different types and work with them more for breeding maybe showing? There aren't many shows in FL and I don't want to travel so that may just be a dream. I have Welsh, Anconas and real crappy Magpies. I say that about the Magpies because I just don't see any in FL that really should be called good. I know it's a tough breed to work with and they might just be my food egg producers at this point. I am a landscaper in central FL were you don't get the sea breeze (what was I thinking). We that's it for now

I finally joined, been here for a little while. I started with ducks 10 years ago with just a few for eggs. This spring decided to get a couple different types and work with them more for breeding maybe showing? There aren't many shows in FL and I don't want to travel so that may just be a dream. I have Welsh, Anconas and real crappy Magpies. I say that about the Magpies because I just don't see any in FL that really should be called good. I know it's a tough breed to work with and they might just be my food egg producers at this point. I am a landscaper in central FL were you don't get the sea breeze (what was I thinking). We that's it for now
Welcome. How do your chickens do in the heat? I spend half year in florida and snow bird with chickens. Excellent travelers. It was getting so hot sometimes I'd dunk one older chicken in water or stick her in the house. I'm back in New england for now. Ladies seem to enjoy the cooler weather.

Back
Top Bottom