New member from Idaho!

Silent Silkie

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2016
United states.
To be quite honest I've frequented BYC for over a year now, and finally decided it was time. I've learned a lot from this site. As you can never know enough, or all, about chicken care. It was a huge help when "The Great Lice Epidemic of Terror" occurred last year. Something I had never dealt with after over 15 years of raising chickens.

As my user name implies, I am totally bias in my love for silkies. I've tried a few other breeds, but I always come back to them!

So hello everyone! Looking forward to finally chiming in on the conversations.

Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Welcome to the BYC flock. Have you visited any of the silkie threads. There are several, "nothing but partridge silkies, " "buff silkies, " "BBS silkies," "paint silkies," and the largest simply "Silkie thread." There is also a variety of silkie called "Showgirls," and of course a thread for that one as well.

Welcome neighbor! You may want to check out the Utah thread. Not sure how close you are to the border, but there are a lot of folks in Idaho that love to come onto the Utah thread, because there are a lot of folks in Utah that will go into Idaho to do buying/trading chickens, chicks, eggs. And, there is a gal that you will get to know right away in Logan. She has silkies. She has frizzled silkies. I am also into silkies. Just had a great hatch of whites, and I have some splash. They are looking great. We have what we call the chicken train. Folks that are heading into the northern area of the state, from the central or southern part..or the other way around, will often bring what it is that someone is wanting. Right now, Lisa..in Logan, has a splash marans cockerel that I would love to have. We are working on getting that bird into the central part of where I live..in Spanish Fork.
Love love me a silkie though!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@ drumstick diva, I will definitely be checking out those threads. Thank you.

@ Cynthia12, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about! She gave me my first gorgeous Sizzle!! And tuned me into BYC. I'm in Preston, so we're in Logan a lot.

I love the pictures of your silkies! They're so precious.

Especially the last one! I've got a splash silkie in this years batch, but it's kind of mixed so it's hard to pin whether it's a hen or not. *sigh* Most of them are that way this year, I've got only 3 confirmed hens. The others look like roosters, but since they're not "pure" they could still turn out to be hens.

Back
Top Bottom