new member from inverness, florida

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Ha! For some reason quail are HIGHLY addicting to hatch! What breed are you hatching? I used to hatch Bobwhites. WOW...you just can't cool down the incubator! And unlike chickens, quail hatch like popcorn...when they start all zipping out, they just don't stop!!

Enjoy all your quail babies! You might want to stop by our quail section as well to chat with other quail owners...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

Good luck with all your hatches and welcome to our flock!

thanks for the reply two crows. I've got some a&m's right now from a local quail breeder, but i'm waiting for some eggs to be mailed in from WI.

Do you raise them for eating? Good luck with the shipped eggs. I hope arrive in good order to you! :)

Welcome to BYC, Brad. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about quail (never had any), but they sure are cute, little birds. Definitely post on our quail section and take advantage of our quail experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your quail.

Welcome Brad, I hear it takes a real man to raise quail. Just joshing you. I've never had quail on a plate or under glass or ??? What do they taste like? Are they real gamey?

Back
Top Bottom