New Member from Iowa

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Louisiana!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!
There are 7 little villages in The Amanas and they all have somebody raising chickens except mine! I feel I must do something about it. So 8 more little eggs in the incubator this morning. I'm sure that continual hatching is not the best but I couldn't help it, I have another dozen coming next week.

We were a little obsessed with LOTR at the time.
Quote:
She is a girl cat and everyone gives us a funny look for it

Last edited:
Welcome!!! My family is from the Amana Colonies! My grandmother's house has the Kitchen Museum in Middle. Which colony are you in? I found your post when I was looking for the Iowa thread. I am planning on ordering chicks from Duane Urch of Minnesota. He is known for his show quality chickens and turkeys. The chicks are expensive ($7.00 ea) but supposed to be well worth it. Minimum order is 25. I am looking for an Iowan to split the order with me. If you are interested let me know. Glad to know there are chickens in Amana! We live in Brooklyn now, about an hour from Amana. I am going to find the Iowa thread now and post there too. Take care. PS You can find Duane Urch's catalog on this site by using the search function.

Back
Top Bottom