New Member from Long Island NY

Steflily

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2021
Long Island, NY
Hi! My name is Stef and I am from NY.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes. First time chicken momma. We got our chickens 10 weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 3. They are 12 weeks old. Can’t wait for more though.

(3) What breeds do you have? A Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Golden Laced Wyandotte and a Black Austrolorp.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Seeing their personalitie. They are so much fun! Looking forward to when they stop being freeloaders and start earning their keep. I mean laying eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Dehydrating, card making and scrapbooking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We live in Long Island, NY. Hubby is a corrections officer and I work for a non-profit. We have 2 girls. My youngest is 10 and takes such great care of the chickens. They let her pick them up and will stay with her for some love. We also have 3 cockatiels.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D. I found BYC when doing a search as I tried to find out as much as I could about raising chickens and keeping them happy and healthy.

Thanks so much!!
E7C80301-25B6-4083-8763-ADDA838D1B1F.jpeg

Hi! My name is Stef and I am from NY.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes. First time chicken momma. We got our chickens 10 weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 3. They are 12 weeks old. Can’t wait for more though.

(3) What breeds do you have? A Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Golden Laced Wyandotte and a Black Austrolorp.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Seeing their personalitie. They are so much fun! Looking forward to when they stop being freeloaders and start earning their keep. I mean laying eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Dehydrating, card making and scrapbooking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We live in Long Island, NY. Hubby is a corrections officer and I work for a non-profit. We have 2 girls. My youngest is 10 and takes such great care of the chickens. They let her pick them up and will stay with her for some love. We also have 3 cockatiels.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D. I found BYC when doing a search as I tried to find out as much as I could about raising chickens and keeping them happy and healthy.

Thanks so much!!View attachment 2670780
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:wee
It is always great getting new members! :ya
Your chickens are gorgeous!! 💗

Back
Top Bottom