New member from Massachusetts

8isenough

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Hi everyone!

I'm Grace, a newbie to this flock. I started my flock this past July. I have 8 chickens; 2 Black Australorps, Joy & Hope; 2 Ameraucanas, Jewel & Hawkeye; 1 Cuckoo Maran, Dottie; 1 White Plymouth Rock, Pearl; 1 RIR, Red; 1 Golden Buff, Runway. My chickens are 29+ weeks old and I'm getting a ton of eggs, yah! Last week they had a new record...52 eggs! This week they took a bit of a break..48. I wasn't expecting so many eggs but I'm told it's because they're just starting out.
From the very 1st day I've been enjoying every minute of this new adventure, from anticipating their arrival to when the 1st egg would be laid. (Runway was the 1st at 19.6 weeks) (Hawkeye was the last at 25.6 weeks) Runway hasn't missed a day since she started laying and 4 or 5 of them have been huge ,I mean really huge, double yolks. One was just a little bit smaller than a tennis ball. (Ouch)

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and learning more about raising my flock.

Welcome to back yard chickens Grace!
So happy you joined.
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington State!

Your flock sounds like it's off to a great start. I like the names you've given them.

Back
Top Bottom