1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member From Missouri

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by merrymutts, Apr 4, 2016.

1. merrymutts

merrymutts Out Of The Brooder

Hi...new here but not to keeping chickens. Currently have 10 adults..4 Buff Orphs , 3 Silver Wyandottes ( one is a fatherless rooster ), 1 White Rock and 2 Red Sex links. Raising some babies...Speckled Sussex, Gold Laced Wyandottes and 3 Rainbow layers.

Was letting the big girls free-range until a fox moved into the neighborhood so we are going to be converting an older shed into a chicken house and use chain link panels from a dog pen as the fencing.

Funny...I really don't eat eggs..except for baking...I just like watching the poultry. They are soothing to the soul and their communication is fascinating.

Susan and the Hoard...Chicks, dogs, cats.....oh dear !!

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Susan,

Sorry about your losses to a fox. If you haven't seen the Learning Center yet, there's a lot of good information there even for experienced poultry keepers.

Thanks for joining us!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Susan. This would be a great time to check out the predator threads and see how you can prevent more losses.

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Susan and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I agree, chickens are very good for the soul and beats most TV shows!

I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

all the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by